There are three types of entries: Photo Entries, Bonus Points, and Wild Cards. There are two main prizes: Grand Prize and Second Place. See below:
1. Photo Entries
To participate, you must upload at least one photo of yourself reading a Legends of Karac Tor book between Nov. 1-30 to the contest app, with the cover prominently featured in the photo. To be eligible for the Grand Prize, you must ALSO upload at least one photo of yourself reading a Legends of Karac Tor book to my FACEBOOK WALL.
- Valid Entries: A valid entry is defined as a photo of yourself holding or reading The Book of Names, Corus the Champion, or The Song of Unmaking (as described above). Be creative with the photo and caption. Photo can be taken in any setting EXCEPT a retail bookstore or library. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Number of Entries: One photo per book is allowed. This means you can earn up to three (3) entries, thus multiplying your chances of winning. NOTE: While the contest app only permits one photo per user, additional photos should be placed directly on my Author Page wall. One photo including all three books still only counts as one entry.
2. Bonus Points:
- Level 1: Upon uploading your photo THE FIRST TIME, you will immediately be presented with an opportunity to “Share/Post” to your Wall. Do this and you will earn 5 “bonus entry points.” That means your name gets entered five (5) more times!
- Level 2: Next, at the bottom of the contest window, you will see the opportunity to “Promote” the contest to specific friends. If you share the contest with five or more friends, you earn two (2) more points. Yes, the software keeps track of how many friends you promote to, so less than five won’t count. Also, please do your best to pick “reader friends” that might enjoy my books and appreciate the chance to win! Thanks!
Adding it up: By combining three different photo entries with both bonus levels, you can now earn up to ten (10) total entries. ** PLEASE NOTE: If you want bonus points, you MUST SHARE AND PROMOTE on your FIRST upload. Re-entry into the contest app is not allowed after the initial upload except for viewing and voting. That means you can’t get your bonus and I can’t track you in the contest app if you miss your chance the first time around.
3. Wild Cards:
Opportunities for additional points will be given to Twitter followers @DBarkleyBriggs. Follow me (or have your parents follow me—they can fill you in and you’ll get an extra edge). Wild Card submissions (via Twitter and/or Facebook) are permitted to exceed the 10 point maximum, so check frequently.
1. One Grand Prize winner will be randomly drawn from all total entries. Remember, to be eligible for the Grand Prize, you must enter via the Facebook app AND upload the pic to my Wall. Since multiple entries increase chances of winning, odds of winning are variable and unknown.
2. Finally, the Second Place prize will be awarded to the photo that receives the most votes. So tell your friends and get them voting!
THE FINE PRINT: This contest is in no way associated with Facebook, Apple or Amazon, nor sponsored by Facebook, Apple or Amazon. Covers for the various books in the final Prize Pack may come from different editions, compilations or boxed sets than what appears in the photo. Books will be physical editions, not eBooks. Participation in this contest is voluntary and results cannot be used by any entrant before, during or after for claims of grievance against any of the authors included, including the contest sponsor, D. Barkley Briggs. While every effort will be made to ship all prizes in time for Christmas, 2011, no guaranteed delivery date is expressed or implied. “Terms and Conditions” are subject to slight revision between now and the close of the contest Nov. 30. The Grand Prize is only available for shipping to residents of the 48 contiguous United States.